Sunday 17 March 2013

Rhubarb forcing - Results.

Rhubarb, you either love it or you hate it.
The way my Nan used to cook it bless her mashed into a stringy soup I used to hate but wait, I like it now because there are better ways to cook Rhubarb and I may even add a recipe.
 
Now on to the main point of this post which is to show the efficacy of Forcing Rhubarb, you'd think at this time of year it would be barely poking it's head above ground
 
Like so
Lots of lovely heads appearing but nothing to eat ;(

 
Now hold your horses because if you happen to know about forcing your crop then yours could look like this!
 But they are small I hear you cry?  Well I have to admit before I even considered making a post about forcing the Rhubarb I picked all the big pieces, I couldn't help myself.
 
There is a small extra point to consider when forcing and that is you need to have a container to place over the crowns that is quite deep or the Rhubarb will hit the top, double over and split as its very delicate.







No comments:

Post a Comment