Friday 8 March 2013

In the beginning there were lots of weeds .... Part 3

 
Here we see some lovely soil expertly dug over and weeded by yours truly and I was done less than 3 weeks after taking on the plot on the first bed but now I had a problem of it being late in the year (mid July)
 
 
So yes I cheated, I pulled a Lance Armstrong.
 I went online and checked out the reduced sections in Homebase etc for plug plants and got lots of leeks for a start as they are bladdy expensive to buy in the supermarket.


I got them planted out asap hoping for a decent crop despite the time of year.

 
I also picked up some Cabbage and Cauliflower plugs on my travels. I decided as I had precious few of them they needed to be protected by coloured balls, debris netting and canes! (amazingly this all held up during the christmas snow as well.)
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment